New 2013 Q4 Whitepaper Public Company Use of Social Media for Investor Relations: Part 3 YouTube & SlideShare
YouTube and SlideShare continue to gain ground in usage for Investor Relations content
Over the last five years, Q4 Web Systems has performed research and analysis of public company use of social media for Investor Relations, producing several whitepapers and providing numerous examples of best practices. Evidence continues to support the fact that many public companies see value in using social media to increase awareness and engage with key constituents.
In 2013, we added over 100 new companies that use social media to our research sample, and performed a comprehensive data scrub, replacing delisted, merged and acquired companies – bringing our sample to a total of 890 public companies. In our third whitepaper in the 2013 series on social media use for Investor Relations, Q4 shows that public companies’ adoption of video- and presentation-oriented social media such as YouTube and SlideShare continues to grow:
- YouTube: 80% of companies in our sample have an account (up 12%), and 42% of those companies are using it to provide investor-related material, up 13% from our 2012 report.
- SlideShare: 25% of companies use a SlideShare account (on par with last year), but the rate of use for IR purposes has gone up to 52%, up 8% from 2012.
This whitepaper provides five in-depth case studies that examine these companies’ overall best practices for YouTube and SlideShare, with over 35 new screen shots, to give you a comprehensive look at how IROs are taking advantage of these visual social tools. With five years of research data to draw on, we have also added a new trends graph to the report.
Get our FREE copy of our whitepaper today to learn about:
- How your peers are using YouTube and SlideShare to interact and engage with investors.
- What sectors, geographic regions and size of companies are leading the way in adoption.
- Innovative ways to use video and presentations to provide the investor community more company and industry context.
- Best practices for organization, grouping, and consistent delivery of IR content on YouTube and SlideShare.
- How these social media platforms can fit into your overall IR communications strategy.