[18 Sep 2014 | No Comment | ]
Q4 Upgrades Investor Analytics With Over 300 New Financial Institutions

As part of our latest Q4 Web release, we’re excited to announce a major upgrade to our Investor Analytics service launched back in June. This new upgrade is free to all Q4 clients and is currently being rolled out across all instances. New features include enhanced reporting combined with an expanded set of financial and corporate institutions available to be reported on.
With the vast majority of institutional investors using corporate websites at least monthly, by using Q4 Analytics IROs are able to understand investor behavior at a material level on …

Read the full story »

Culture, Featured, Q4 Press »

by [31 Oct 2014 | No Comment | ]
Meet our team – Q4 introduces some new recruits – July & August

Welcome again to our monthly series highlighting new members of the Q4 team. This month, we would like to introduce some world class folks that joined us this summer in July and August.
 
Natalia Sokolova – Client Services Specialist – joined July 2014

Having lived in 5 different countries, Natalia’s background is quite varied. While living in China, Natalia worked for an app developer, although she found herself regularly distracted with the country’s great history     and art. Blessed with an adventurous spirit, Natalia loves scuba diving, skiing and Frisbee.
Perhaps most …

Best Practices, Featured, IR Websites, Website of the Week »

by [31 Oct 2014 | No Comment | ]
Add context to the IR events section with presentation collateral

Out of all the Investor Relations (IR) activities, the area that requires the most collateral material is events. If you are going to list both past and upcoming events on the website, why not also include the corresponding decks, transcripts, speaker information, and links? Investors are seeking out that information, so providing it all in a space that is easy to find will enhance their overall experience.
Here is an example of an IR website that successfully incorporates an events section:
Veritiv
By providing collateral information associated to individual events, on the events …

Best Practices, buy-side, Featured, ReThinkIR, sell-side »

by [29 Oct 2014 | No Comment | ]
An IR lesson from Kevin Spacey

Content Marketing World 2014 is probably the last place you’d expect to learn something about investor relations. And Kevin Spacey is likely the last person you’d guess would be the person giving the lesson.
But it was … and he did … and I quote…

“The story is everything, which means it’s our jobs to tell better stories.”
“[It's critical to keep in mind what] makes something absolutely genuine [to the audience because] we turn off when something doesn’t feel authentic.”
“There’s no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt than with a flood …

Featured, Mobile, Research, Uncategorized »

by [24 Oct 2014 | One Comment | ]
62% of Analysts Use Mobile to Help Analyze the Companies They Cover.

I was just spending time catching up on twitter and came across this great infographic, shared by Serena Ehrlich. This infographic is based on a survey of 50 buy-side, sell-side and independents analysts. Very interesting.
When looking at the use of mobile during research, 34% responded that they use it sometimes and 28% extensively, for a combined total of 62%. The world has certainly changed.

Recommend on Facebook Share on Linkedin Tweet about it Subscribe to the comments on this post

Best Practices, Featured, IR Websites, irchat, Website of the Week »

by [24 Oct 2014 | No Comment | ]
Getting around the “why invest” dilemma with custom tabs

The “why invest” section of an IR website is an important first look for both new and returning investors. The goal of the “why invest” section should be to provide a quick snapshot of the company’s investment proposition. For many companies however, the prospect of a snapshot is easier said than done.
Creating a couple sentences around why a person should invest in a company is ultimately going to discount key factors that make up a company’s investment proposition. Providing a barebones “why invest” may be good in terms of brevity, …